I’ve signed up for Blogging 101 and the very first assignment is to explain who I am and why I’m here, so, why not? These are actually very important questions, but for different reasons than you’d think on the surface. Their suggested questions:
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
Will answering any of those questions address who I am or why I’m here? I think not.
Who Am I?
- I am the elect of God.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
- I am a new creature in Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- I am a child of the King and a son of God.
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- I am the light of the world and a city set on a hill that cannot be hid.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
- I am blessed of God and highly favoured.
Why Am I Here?
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.